Shortly after the turn of the New Year, we began unveiling our Top 50 Prospects for the 2011 season. The list is the product of hours of deliberation between Dee and myself, and is far from your average, cookie-cutter top prospect list.
Our rankings are based on a number of criteria such as ceiling, refinement, age, level, performance, and health thus far. Positional scarcity and chances to stay at a premium position in the Major Leagues carries some weight too, but is a lesser component. No pitcher rankings are based off of potential as relievers because no top arm ends up in the bullpen unless the front office decides to lose its mind.
In case you have missed any player on our list, here is a recap of 30-40:
40. Grant Green, SS, Oakland Athletics
39. Casey Kelly, RHP, San Diego Padres
38. Jenrry Mejia, RHP, New York Mets
37. Jonathan Singleton, 1B, Philadelphia Phillies
36. Derek Norris, C, Washington Nationals
35. Jake Odorizzi, RHP, Kansas City Royals
34. Kyle Gibson, RHP, Minnesota Twins
33. Kyle Drabek, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays
32. Yonder Alonso, 1B/LF, Cincinnati Reds
31. Matthew Moore, LHP, Tampa Bay Rays
30. Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Cleveland Indians