Articles from February 2011
[Photo courtesy of Jason Getz/AJC]
With Spring Training now officially under way, and rampant speculation firmly in place, I thought that it might be interesting to track the performances of Baseball America’s Top 100 Prospects. Some of these players have the potential to crack the opening day roster; some are years away. Regardless, they are the faces of the future and ridiculously fun to follow.
Today on The Baseball Show Clint Evans of Diamond Hoggers and I usher in Spring Training the best way we know how. Today we talked about the following:
- The beginning of Spring Training baseball games
- The Adam Wainwright injury
- Was Jonny Gomes really singing a song in The Karate Kid? Or celebrating not having to face Waino?
- What is Chris Carpenter’s value on the open market if the Cardinals fall out of the race?
- Was the Jose Bautista’s contract a poor move for the Blue Jays?
- Thoughts on Miguel Cabrera’s DUI
- Can Bryce Harper play at the big league level for the Washington Nationals this season?
The Golden Sombrero presents MLB Look-alikes: R.A. Dickey and Dave England (Jackass)
Just imagine Dickey without the mountain man scruff, or better yet, imagine England with it.
And for those who are unfamiliar with the R.A. Dickey face, be sure to check out Amazin’ Avenue’s Photoshop contest from last season.