- Stephen Strasburg’s final rehab start has come and gone. He again looked supreme in comparison to the hitters he faced. He even appears to have more of a mental edge after recovering from Tommy John. Watching the way he carried himself, and the mound presence he exuded, gave me goose bumps. MLB hitters be wary. Strasburg is about to eat your soul.
– Had a conversation with a friend last night and discussed what it was like to face Matthew Moore as a senior in high school. My friend faced him twice that year and said he went from being “…Unreal the first time I faced him…to absolutely unhittable the next time I faced him.” I can’t wait to see how Moore does with the Rays.
– Anybody who says the power/speed guy is history has no idea what they are talking about. The 20/20 guy is alive and well in major league baseball. There are currently seven players who have already reached this mark with more than 15 others who are a mere five HR’s or SB’s shy of reaching the milestone.
– It’s no wonder the White Sox are struggling the way they are. They are rostering three of the most detrimental players in the game. Adam Dunn, Alex Rios, and Juan Pierre have all posted negative fWAR’s so far this season. Adam Dunn at -2.6, Rios at -1.2, and Pierre at -0.1. Good luck getting that extension Ozzie Guillen.
– Goodbye Carlos Zambrano. The Cubs have said he will not pitch again this season- yet they will still pay him. Sounds like a cushy job. Until you realize that we won’t be seeing anything like this again this season.