– As a former student of the University of Nevada, I saw my fair share of drugged out women of the night. Watching CJ Wilson last night brought back memories. His cutter and curve were as nasty as the workers of Reno’s 4th street corners.
– Speaking of the Rangers, who put firecrackers inside David Murphy? Homeboy is blowing up right now; making the Rangers say “Nelson who?”
– I really have to wonder what is in those cigs that Jim Leyland smokes. Detroit has pulled away from the rest of the division by going 15-4 since August 19th.
– Erik Bedard has been scratched from his next start…well of course he has, he is Erik Bedard.
– Jordan Pacheco made it onto Baseball Tonight last night as part of the Rockies highlight. Big ups to the kid who is a fellow New Mexican. He was part of the La Cueva High School (Abq, NM) Bears baseball team that held the national record for consecutive wins.
– Did anybody else realize that since June 18th, the Vanimal, Vance Worley, has made 14 starts, and the Phillies have won every single one of them? I hadn’t realized that either. Impressive.