– I am not sure which one of these home runs got out of the yard faster, but I would have been getting out of the way of both Ryan Braun’s walk-off and Josh Hamilton’s laser. (Unless I had a glove of course…but I am no longer 7-years-old and when I go to games my hands hold beer.)
– Speaking of homeruns, I am unsure of which homerun swing is more fun to watch…that of a fat kid named Prince, or the swing of a miniature named Dustin? Either way, I love watching these two guys take hacks.
– I loved watching Gerardo Parra drop trou (short for trousers you morons) and squeeze out a Clevland Steamer all over a Hong-Chih Kuo’s fastball after getting buzzed. And I appreciated not only his massive pimping of that homerun, but that he looked at Kuo and grabbed his nuts after the up and in pitch…classic.
– Troy Patton got the 1st win of his big league career last night. Congrats buddy. I was fortunate enough to be teammates with Troy at the 2003 Tournament of Stars and watched him mow through hitters like a riding lawnmower. Congrats Troy, it’s about time you got that W.
– Does Rick Ankiel ever look back on his past and think, “Why did I ever waste time trying to pitch?” Probably not, but I think that after watching him throw out yet another runner last night.
– And to close out this edition of Changeups and Screwballs, the way he has done 600 times for the Yankees, is Mariano Rivera. He’s closed out every last game with one team, and one pitch. Congrats, Mariano.