– Nyjer Morgan is exciting. His defensive prowess in the outfield is absolutely fun to watch. He brings a competitive nature to the game that should be lost on no man. However, with that said, I wish Albert Pujols would have continued past the mound and cold-clocked Morgan right in his jaw last night. C’mon Nyjer, there was no reason to get all butt-hurt over that AB last night.
– What is up with fans reaching over into the field of play on homeruns? I get it on foul balls, but really people? Don’t screw up a ball in fair territory folks. It just makes you look bad.
– Speaking of balls leaving the yard…heads up, pal!
– If the criteria for voting on the MVP are so vague, why not just give the award to the player who accumulates the highest WAR at season’s end? Are wins not the most valued outcome in all of baseball?
– Did you know that Jeff “Frenchy” Francoeur is tied (with Ben “The Zorilla” Zobrist) for the most doubles in the AL? Me neither. To put the cherry on top of an excellently resurgent season, Frenchy turned back the clock to the first year of playing baseball on 90’ bases with this play.