– Sure, the Yankees are one of, if not the most storied franchise in baseball. They have a history of being larger than life, no doubt. However, do they really believe that they are in a position to complain about rescheduling a couple games due to a freaking hurricane? Forget being happy about the fact that they were not the ones trying to gather the pieces of their lives and put them back together. Forget the fact that the payroll of that organization could provide a lending hand and still turn a profit of a billion dollars. Nope, they want to complain about rescheduling baseball games. Go be the whales you are NY, and blow it out your hole.
– Congrats to the kids from Cali. They took home the LLWS title in a most dramatic, walk-off fashion over the weekend. The only way this game could have been better would have been if the SS from Japan had not booted the opportunity to turn two the batter before, and the game went to extras for a walk off victory. I feel for the little guy.
– It might just be that I am a former Tommy John victim, but following Stephen Strasburg’s Phoenix-like rise from the ashes of an operating table is remarkable. The fact that he will return to the Nationals around September 6th is downright absurd. Man, am I glad to say I saw him pitch live once in my lifetime. An arm like that is once in a lifetime folks. I suggest you watch it every chance you get.
– Jamie Moyer is still rehabbing from his own Tommy John surgery and believes he will be ready and able to pitch again in the bigs next season. The dude turns 49 in just a few months. Good luck, partner. I am definitely in your corner.
– I can’t wait to see the Moneyball movie next month. I only hope that Hollywood does not ruin it for me. I also am afraid that the average person who goes to that movie will not be able to truly understand, or appreciate what that story is about. It forever changed the way that not only baseball, but all sports, are viewed, played, and managed from the front office on down.
– I am not sure what is happening at The Ballpark in Arlington, but this is starting to become downright ridiculous.
– Go Astros! We were able to win in extra innings last night, despite the fact that we are basically a Triple-A team right now. Wandy Rodriguez on the bump tonight (a fellow southpaw), and I expect him to record 8 K’s against the Pirates.