Today on The Baseball Show, co-host Clint Evans of Diamond Hoggers and I discuss recent trades and headlines across baseball, and even seamlessly weave in a Brooks Kieschnick reference. The Mike Napoli trade gives us a reason to remember Frank Francisco hurling a chair into a dude’s face at the Oakland Coliseum. I guess a picture really does say a thousand words in certain situations. You know, those situations when you’re a Major League bullpen pitcher and a fight (with fans) breaks out, calms down, and you decide to start tossing chairs at helpless spectators. More relevant topics discussed on today’s show:
- The Tampa Bay Rays acquisition of Johnny Damon and Manny Ramirez reconnects the greatest cutoff tandem in baseball history
- Our thoughts on Billy Butler’s extension and the ridiculous depth in Kansas City Royals farm system.
- Micah Owings back to the Diamondbacks as a hitter/pitcher – we’re psyched!
- Thoughts on MLB.com’s recently released Top 50 Prospects list. Are we surprised that Mike Trout is #1?
- Why do baseball fans love prospects?
- A look into the collector corner; I talk about the value of Stephen Strasburg & Bryce Harper rookies cards as well as other prospect rookie cards.