Some of the many things that we discussed:
- Adam Dunn: Clint’s favorite player and my the White Sox new 1B/DH
- The great career of Andruw Jones and what could have been…
- Adrian Gonzalez; the newest member of the Boston Red Sox
- We weave in the always-rare Joe Borowski name drop
- Troy Tulowitzki’s ginormous contract – we approve.
- What kind of extension Joey Votto might command and more on the Cincinnati Reds
- Miguel Tejada and the San Francisco Giants cluttered infield
- I offer my thoughts and share memories of the legendary Ron Santo
- Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are gone; we like the potential the new crew: Orel Hershiser, Bobby Valentine, and Dan Shulman
In what was our longest show to date, Clint and I unintentionally launched into a discussion on one of our favorite topics(and one we believe is the most interesting): the psychological side of the game. Considering that we both played college baseball and are constantly reflecting on our experiences — probably too often, in fact — we analyzed the psychological barriers associated with being an elite baseball player, and even offered stories from our own careers. It’s a topic that we find absolutely fascinating and one we will surely be dedicating entire shows to in the future.