– How bout those Rays? Can they really pull the rabbit out of the hat and clench a playoff berth? I mentioned this earlier as a joke, but the Tampa Bay Rays are about to pull a Houdini.
– But which is more impressive- The Rays surge, or the Boston Red Sox collapse?
– I am not sure what all the hullaballo was about MLB not allowing the Mets to wear hats that did not meet the “uniform” requirements as written in the rulebook. It is a rule people. And it is not like there were not other ways that the Mets, and every other NFL and MLB team used to show support for all of 9/11. Sure, they could have shown a little leeway, but then they might be setting a precedent that could cause problems somewhere down the unforeseen road.
– Someone asked me to describe teaching 6th graders in a single sentence the other day…and this is what I came up with- “Teaching 6th grade is the equivalent of herding cats.”
– Watching a player begin his decline as a ball player is always difficult. It is even more difficult when said player has never given anyone a reason to hate. That said, it will be interesting to see how Ichiro Suzuki‘s 2012 campaign goes. Is him not reaching 200 hits that big a deal this year? Does it mark the start of his decline? Only time will tell.
– Good luck to Andrew McCutchen while negotiating what hopefully turns out to be a favorable deal with the Pirates. It’s really exciting to see a team like Pittsburgh rising from their grave. It gives Astros fans hope.
– Speaking of the Houston Astros, we currently host 16 rookies on our roster, with 10 of them being pitchers. Yikes. Talk about rebuilding.