I hope everyone enjoyed his or her holiday weekend as much as I did. Lots of exciting things happening over Labor Day weekend, so let’s jump right in.
- I finally caved and joined Twitter. Follow me @sp_flips to get up to date info and nonsense.
- So much for having a bunch of exciting finishes across multiple divisions this year. With the Giants, Indians, White Sox, and Cardinals failing to gain any ground whatsoever; it appears as if the only exciting race might be the AL West. Unless the Rays can somehow make a run for the wildcard in the AL East, that is.
- George who? Kottaras? What a special night it was for the back-up catcher. Hitting for the cycle is rare enough, but how rare is it to see a back up catcher do it? I am not completely sure, just sure enough to say that you probably won’t see it happen again in your lifetime.
- Seeing old Charlie Manuel play a game under protest took me back to my youth summer league days. Did he have to put up a $100 cash like my coaches did? Or do you think the front office covered it for him?
- Congrats to Adrian Beltre- now the youngest 3B to ever amass 2,000 hits. Just imagine what could be if he knew how to stay healthy? Wow.
- Watching Josh Beckett go down was rough. Not only does he play on my fantasy squad, but he also proliferated the notion that pitchers are not athletes. Just watch this and tell me where/how he hurt himself. (FF to the 21-second mark.)
- How about Javier Vazquez? Dude has been looking like it’s 2009 again. Make sure nobody steals his Delorean.
- Have a great day everybody, and remember…there are only 4 days left in this workweek.